Enfield CCG is committed to planning and commissioning high quality services for local people and we are committed to engaging patients in this work. We are always looking for patients or carer volunteers that can help us to improve local services by feeding back their user experience.
This page will contain details of our latest voluntary opportunities.
You can also register to be a volunteer and be notified of upcoming opportunities by filling in the form on the right hand side of the page.
10 August 2017
Enfield CCG is working with the Royal Free Hospital to develop a new set of pathways and service specification for Integrated Musculoskeletal Services, Urology and Gynaecology services
We are planning a series of meetings from September which will be clinically led to work up new service specifications and patient pathways and review current ones. We are looking to recruit 6 user representatives, who will be required to attend, probably for 2 hours, once every 3 weeks between September and November, and contribute by bringing their own experiences of the service and their own ideas on how it could be made more beneficial for patients. We would prefer to work with lay members who have an MSK (Orthopaedics; Rheumatology, Physiotherapy; Podiatry), Pain, Urology or Gyneacological condition which has necessitated having treatment in a general practice, community clinic or hospital setting in the last 12 months.
The role of the user representative is as a dedicated expert speaking on behalf of other patients and carers of the service and feeding back issues to other patients.
The user representatives will attend service specification and patient pathway development meetings during September and October 2017.
The aim of the meeting is work up new service specifications and patient pathways and review current ones and it will be informed and influenced by the views and experiences of patients and make sure that decisions about service planning and the delivery of care are influenced by patients and carers
- Be a current or past (within the last 12 months) patient or carer of the service
- Be objective and have a balanced approach drawing on and using their own and others experience to contribute to group debates and decisions
- Be committed to working collaboratively and seeking solutions
- Be prepared to voice the opinions of service users as well as their own and contribute to debates
- Commit to attend meetings, including doing any necessary reading or preparation
- Be aware of the content of any guidelines, protocols, policies and key documentation that is related to the project and be confident in commenting or questioning as appropriate
- Actively seek opportunities for developing skills and knowledge
- Actively work with the patients they represent to ensure the views put forward are representative
User involvement representatives can claim for legitimate expenses incurred in the role e.g. travel costs. If you think that you will incur expenses, please discuss this when you are appointed to ensure that the CCG will be able to reimburse you for them. Expenses will be claimed through and paid by Russell Foster, Project Lead.
If you wish to discuss this volunteering opportunity further please contact
Project Lead Planned care
Tel: 020 3688 2898
The closing date for applications is Friday 25 August.