When your GP refers you for a blood test (also called phlebotomy), you can use the blood testing service provided at a number of local hospitals, or you can choose to have your blood tested at a community blood testing clinic close to where you live. You can choose to attend the clinic that is most convenient to you - it may not be your usual GP practice.
In the first instance, please speak to your GP or practice nurse - they will be able to advise you on where to go for your blood test.
Blood testing at Royal Free London hospital sites
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust provides blood testing at the following sites:
- Barnet Hospital
- Chase Farm Hospital
- Royal Free Hospital
- Edgware Community Hospital
- Finchley Memorial Hospital
You can book either online or via telephone by calling 020 8375 1471. Full details of service opening times, locations, waiting times and how to book can be accessed via the following link: https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/services/services-a-z/blood-tests/
Please note that there is limited availability for urgent walk-in blood testing.
Blood testing services at North Middlesex University Hospital and Enfield GP practices
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust provides blood testing at the following sites (You don’t need to be registered at the GP practice to access the blood testing clinic there):
- North Middlesex University Hospital
- Winchmore Hill Practice, 808 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, N21 2SA website
- Forest Primary Care Centre, Forest Primary Care Centre, 308A Hertford Road, Edmonton, N9 7HD
- Evergreen Surgery, Evergreen Primary Care Centre, 1 Smythe Close, Edmonton, N9 0TW website
- Freezywater Primary Care Centre, 2b Aylands Road, Enfield, EN3 6PN website
- Grovelands Medical Centre, 1 Grovelands Road, Palmers Green, N13 4RJ website
- White Lodge Medical Practice, 68 Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3EW website
You can book either online or via telephone by calling 020 8887 2366. Full details of service opening times, locations, waiting times and how to book can be accessed via the following link: www.northmid.nhs.uk/Our-Services/Blood-tests
Please note that there is limited availability for urgent walk-in blood testing at North Middlesex University Hospital.
Domiciliary blood testing for housebound patients
North Middlesex University Hospital also provides a domiciliary blood testing service for housebound patients in Enfield. Appointments for this non-urgent service are made through your GP.