Concerns, complaints and compliments

Telling us your views, whether it is a complaint, concern or compliment helps us to know what we are doing well, to learn lessons from mistakes and to prevent them from happening to anyone else.

How can I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint in writing, by email, over the telephone or in person. Your complaint should be made as soon as possible.  This should be within a year of the event. You can make a complaint on your own or on behalf of someone else if you have their permission.

How can I make a compliment?

It is important that we know when we are getting things right. If you have been impressed by the care that you or someone you know has received or would like to say thank you to staff, please contact the service or hospital directly.

Who should I contact with my complaint, concern or compliment?

Community Services

If you have a concern, complaint or compliment about a community service such as a health centre, physiotherapy or podiatry service, please contact Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust’s Complaints Management Team on 020 8702 3839 / 3840 or email:

Mental Health Services

If you have a concern, complaint or compliment about a mental health service, please contact Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust's Complaints Management Team on 020 8702 3839 / 3840 or email:


If you have a concern, complaint or compliment about a hospital, please click on the links below which will take you to their contact details:

GPs, Dentists, Pharmacies or Opticians

If you have a concern, complaint or compliment about a doctor (GP), dentist, pharmacy or optician, please contact the practice directly in the first instance. If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the practice, please contact NHS England via email at:, call 0300 311 22 33 or write to: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.

For further details about how to make a complaint to NHS England please visit the NHS England website.

For help finding your nearest GP, dentist, pharmacist or optician, you can use the online search on our website or call 0300 311 22 33.

Integrated NHS 111 and out of hours service

The integrated NHS 111 and out-of-hours service in Enfield is provided by the London Central and West Unscheduled Care Collaborative (LCW).

For any complaint or feedback about the NHS 111 and out of hours service, please share it with LCW via the contact details below:

Tel: 020 8962 7654

Or alternatively you can write to the following address :

Tonia Culpin
Chief Executive
St Charles Hospital
Exmoor Street
London  W10 6DZ

Enfield CCG and the services it commissions

If you have a complaint relating to the way an NHS service has been commissioned, or you have been directly affected by a commissioning decision made by us, please contact the North and East London Commissioning Support Unit (NEL CSU) Patient Experience and Effectiveness Team, which is an NHS organisation who manage the complaints process on our behalf.  They can be contacted on 020 3688 1624 or email:

Customer care line (for patient related enquiries only)
For patient related queries you can also call the Enfield CCG customer care line on 020 3688 2801 available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (a voicemail service is available outside of these hours).

Can I get help and support with making my complaint?

Yes. An organisation called London Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS) can provide you with free independent and confidential advice and support. You can contact them by: Telephone: 0203 553 5960 Email: Skype: pohwer.advocacy Text: send the word ‘pohwer’ and then your name and number to 81025 Fax: 01438 846 025 Post: London IHCAS Advocacy Hub, POhWER, Hertlands House, Primett Road, Stevenage,Hertfordshire, SG1 3EEF

For more information download a leaflet or visit the POhWER website.

What will happen once I make my complaint?

Complaints will be dealt with in a manner that is proportional to the issues raised. Your complaint will be investigated and the NHS organisation responsible will aim to resolve the concerns and, where needed, will take action to prevent the incident from happening again.

Will my complaint remain confidential?

Your right to confidentiality will be respected throughout the investigation. However, there may be times when we need to share information without your consent, for example to protect children and vulnerable adults.

What if I am still not satisfied?

If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint you should contact the service directly to see if they can look into the case further. You also have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. There are time limits for taking a complaint to the Ombudsman, although the Ombudsman can waive them if it is perceived that there is good reason to do so. You can contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033 or

Further information is also available at You can write to the Ombudsman at: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.

Healthwatch Enfield

Healthwatch Enfield is the new independent local consumer champion for health and social care in the borough.

For further details of how you can have your say on local health and social care services please contact Healthwatch Enfield on 020 8373 6283 or visit the Healthwatch Enfield website