Check the opening times of your local NHS services this Christmas and New Year.
GP extended access service (GP hubs)
GP and nurse appointments are available to all Enfield patients over the Christmas and New Year period at your local practice or at one of our four GP access hubs.
You can request an appointment with a local GP or nurse at any one of the hubs by either:
- contacting your own GP practice directly during core opening hours (8am-6.30pm), or
- calling 111 weekday evenings, weekends and bank holidays (Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day) when your GP practice is closed.
The NHS App is a new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
Download the NHS App from the App Store or you can get it on Google Play. For more information please visit https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
Your local pharmacist can give you friendly expert advice about over-the-counter medicines that can help with lots of common conditions without the need for an appointment.
My Health London website
My Health London can help you find all the health services near to you www.myhealthlondon.nhs.uk
NHS website is a national website that provides health advice and information www.nhs.uk
NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
Get help online or on the phone. To get help from NHS 111, you can:
- go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)
- call 111 (Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones).
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can ask for a translator if you need one.
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
In an emergency, call your own dentist for an appointment, but when the practice is closed, please call NHS 111.
Urgent care centres
These centres treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. You don’t need to book an appointment - just turn up and you will be seen promptly by either a doctor or nurse.
- Chase Farm Urgent Care Centre, Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL. Open 8am-10pm, every day.
- North Middlesex Urgent Care Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX. Situated in A&E.